My plans for the new year are about the same as last year, but here they are written out as a reminder for myself, as well as others.
- More Bible Study/Reading
- Ligonier Connect – I am still enjoying learning through this online service, and will continue to do so this year.
- Professor Horner’s Bible Reading System – I’ll be trying this again this year.
- Tabletalk Magazine – this is a devotional magazine, published by Ligonier Ministries, that also features short articles on Theology and Biblical Studies.
- Read More Books
- Review Programs – I’ll be continuing my book reviews through various programs.
- Fill in the Gaps Challenge – I’ll be working to catch up on this.
- My Book Shelf – I need to stop buying new books and read the unread horde on my shelves. We’ll see how that goes.
- 52 Books in 52 Weeks – I fell short in 2016, but I’m going to try again.
- Study and Practice Writing – I stated in a previous post that I’ve decided to learn more about the craft of writing before writing another word of my novel.
- Jerry Jenkins Writers Guild – I plan to utilize this membership more than I have.
- Read about Writing
- Research and Outline My Novel
Outlining my novel will likely be the biggest goal for me. I’ve never been one to outline my stories, I’ve always been a pantser, but I realize that this job may be too large to wing it. I need to put everything into it so that I can to be sure I’ve missed nothing, and that I’ve given it my best effort.